In a career rut? Ready to pivot?
I know that feeling.
Resume needs revision but you’re nervous?
I have been there, too!
The good news is, you’re not alone and I can help.
I started my company, Sheldrake Consulting, because I saw too many people underselling their skills and experience. I provide career coaching for job seekers and underemployed individuals that helps you advocate for and promote your best self. I’d love to see if we’re a match.
Why should you pick me? Some of my qualifications and career highlights include:
- Built my business completely through referrals, by providing expert advice and personalized coaching to clients
- Finished PhD from top-ranked program in 5 years, while working part-time and parenting 2 young children, one of whom survived cancer
- Certified administrator of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) since 2004
- Pre-vetted career coach for MSU Alumni Association
- Programs, events, and processes that I created are still in use today
- Cast member of first Listen to Your Mother Metro Detroit Show
- Childhood cancer advocate and testimonial speaker with extensive public speaking experience, including national fundraising events, live TV and radio
Who am I?
My name is Dr. Monica Marcelis Fochtman. That’s a mouthful and hard to pronounce, so call me Monica. As a career coach, resume writer, and leadership consultant, I help people survive and thrive during transitions. Together, we create effective search strategies, strong application materials, professional and scholarly documents, and memorable interview answers.
During my 18-year career in higher education, I worked in various roles at different colleges and universities throughout the mid-west. I have: supervised professional staff, managed a federal grant, advised students across academic levels and disciplines, and recruited and motivated volunteers. I’ve also taught undergraduate and graduate students, which I love!
I am an early adopter who sees gaps and utilizes vision, creativity, and excellent writing skills to fill them. I am a catalyst for change and thrive in environments that celebrate new ideas, risk-taking, and autonomy.
I am a vocal advocate for childhood cancer patients and survivors, and the need for more awareness, funding, and research.